Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be moving to a foreign country to live, let alone a country in the Middle East. Over the 2009 Christmas and New Year’s holidays, my husband Roger and I discussed what we wanted the next part of our life to be like. He thought that before retiring, he would like to do one more airport project but only if he could find something very interesting. I half-jokingly agreed that would be fine but could he try for an exotic location? As usual, Roger came through and soon we were headed to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. This blog is a recap of our "leap-of- faith" wanderings around the Middle East and beyond. We joyfully share these expat experiences.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy Bloggingtine Day

Not withstanding that coming celebrations include the Chinese New Year,  Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day, the Best of the Boomer Blogs is busy this week. We hope whatever you celebrate is fun but when the partying is over relax and read this week's offerings: battle for the top chef in Dubai; boomers are the first engineered consumer generation; midlife and humidity - Tao Flashes; do couples argue more about a messy house than money; are boomers a generation squeezed by our country's economic trouble. Thanks to Sightings Over 60 for hosting this week blog.  Please let us hear what you think about all this!  

3 comments:

  1. I think couples argue much more over money than a messy house. If you have money you can hire someone to clean the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think!I settled and controversy about it by putting in the pre-nuptial agreement . . . we will ALWAYS have someone ELSE clean our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post writing is also a excitement, if you know then you can write otherwise it is
    difficult to write.

    Stop by my site – 오피사이트
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete